Monday, March 7, 2011

Scary Sunday

This past Sunday our house was filled with people.  We celebrated my dad's 91st Birthday!  I was preparing the food and getting the house together for around 15 people when I got the dreaded call that started with  "Popples is not acting right".  Popples is my one and only grand puppy which I adore.  My heart dropped as the hoards of people started to stream in along with the birthday boy himself.  After a half of a dozen calls we finally got through to the emergency vet clinic that was 30 miles away.  I set the kids off with her and joined in the festivities.  The mood was light and festive and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, even the 91 year old who usually doesn't enjoy anything.  He even put on his party hat and Mardi Gras Beads and transformed into OUR tribal leader. Around nine the vet informed us that Popples had probably been poisoned and that she was stable but we would know more by morning.  After a long sleepless night the call came that Popples was fine and ready to be picked up.  She is home now and all is well with the world.  Here is a shot of my baby and her baby Popples.  Note the cool necklace that is one from my Lazarus collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment