Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Going, Going, Gone!

Hand Made Red Crochet Dress 50's Doll
This past weekend I received an urgent call....."quick you gotta get over here the house around the corner is having an auction!"  The house was 2 miles away and in the time it took to drive there I received 4 more urgent calls..."They have thousands of old dolls from all over.....you better hurry!".  My bud Melissa was right!  The estate was fantastic!  It was a house full of antique furniture, and every collectible you can think of.  It was a pickers dream come true! Unfortunately for me this town is filled with dealers and their dream came true too.  At the peak of the auction there were 300+ people.  Things were going for a pretty penny.   I spotted several things of interest but most were bid so high that it was ridiculous.  I did manage to get a few cherished items at a reasonable rate.  The dealers must have been getting tired.  I managed to pry from a doll dealers hands one box lot out of blinking story book dolls and a lot of dolls from other countries.  The Native American pieces are my favorite, they show such workmanship that you rarely find.  Enjoy the view!

Hand carved Wooden Native Grandmother Doll

I am planning on posting a few dolls on my web page along with a collection of vintage material and silk scarfs from this auction on ebay.  Make sure you check them all out!  My ebay store is little6271

OLD Native American Split Hickory Strawberry Basket

1 comment: