Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The God's Are Smiling

Today the God's are smiling on me.  As normal in my haste to get my ebay packages to the post office and make it to the Dentist on time, I put a wrong addressed on a package.  This is not unusual I have a rolling average of losing something once a week.  So this one would be my package for the week.  I discovered the error approx. 6 hours after leaving the post office.  Upon discovery I made a mad dash to get the other orders out and correct the error. 

I purchased a 1954 Chevy Tin Woody Station wagon a year ago and I have been anxious to get "Lucy" her road legs.  The brakes were fixed over the weekend and she is ready to roll.  Today it is sunny and in the 60's and I figured why not?  Let's see what she's got.  She started with the first crank and sounded like a dream.  We were off to the post office!  Hopefully no officers of the law would pull behind us.  I have tags but one tail light is out.  I was just happy we could stop her if we needed to.  Did I mention middle school was just letting out.  She made it with no problems other than the heavy smell of fumes.  Never mind the big hole in the floor.  Because of my dear friends at the post office Pam and Becky my mistake was diverted and all is well in the world.  I owe them both big time!  Thanks Girls you are the best!

1 comment: