Tuesday, May 3, 2011

He Started a Revolution and Ended up A KING......

Signing the Wall at Graceland


  When you think of Memphis you think of Elvis.  I grew up with him watched every movie he ever made, and heard every song he ever sang.  I was present at his last concert in Cincinnati months before his death and I remember vividly the day he died.   Now I have been to his home, seen his honeymoon hideaway along the the beautiful ranch where he hosted BBQ's.  The ranch is now empty and up for sale and few even know he owned it.   I was amazed at the impact he had on the community and the visitors.  The energy was that of "reverence" in front of Graceland.  There was a steady stream of tour buses along with cars and travelers from all over world.  The signing wall at Graceland was amazing up close and I had to be a part of it.  I have had an ELVIS influence since I could walk and there has been no one since that has had the impact on the world that Elvis has had.  I was so fortunate to have spent the weekend with new friends who had grown up in Memphis and have had personal stories to tell about him.  I can't tell you how much I loved hearing the first hand accounts of the brushes with the King.  They made me laugh and miss him that much more.  I had gone to Memphis to enjoy the Beale Street Music festival and was gifted so much more than music.  Thanks Audrey and Derek for opening up your home and making me feel welcomed you two are the symbol of Southern Hospitality.    I hope you check out my "Elvis is my Boyfriend" pendant on my web page and check back I am adding a few new "Boyfriend" pieces soon! LONG LIVE THE KING!

Outside Sun Recording Studio
Gates at Graceland
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment